N.B.: I made this the day after the Golden State Warriors broke the Chicago Bulls record with 73 regular season wins. The choice to make curry had absolutely nothing to do with Steph Curry. And it’s scary to me how many people leapt to this conclusion at the time. When I hear 73, after all, I think of “Sheldon Cooper primes”:
N.B.2: I’ve met Curry. He’s a nice guy and I suppose there could be worse (sports) idols. But I don’t get the obsession. I think we just need to get it over with by holding a skins/shirts Curry/James one-on-one.
N.B.part 3: My regular eating buddy in the Big Rock Candy Mountain HATED this dish. Gave it a 4/10, whereas I gave it an 8/10. Why the 4? Because it didn’t include meat. This carnivore later stated that had this been an option at a vegetarian/vegan restaurant (a scenario that was a 2/10 for him), it would have earned a 7/10 at least. So…there ya go. You’ve been “warned”. This is a good vegan dish, but not for people who are hell-bent against vegan dishes.
EGGPLANT LENTIL CURRY
- Olive oil
- Red onion
- Tomato paste
- Coconut milk
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Spinach (optional)
- Place some olive oil in a pan, and start to cook the garlic and the onion. When they start to weep, add the spices.
- Add the eggplant, and re-season as necessary.
- Add the tomato paste and liquids (in a 2:1 ratio of coconut milk to water, and appropriately portioned for the amount of lentils you’re using).
- Add the lentils and cook it down.
- Serve over rice, adding as desired red pepper flakes and spinach.