And…we’re back. For the moment. Playing catchup–interpret at will. Instead of doing what most food blogs are doing this time of year and posting healthy recipes, we instead provide a recipe from Christmas Eve 2015.
Why? Because forget about New Years resolutions–we’re being preemptive and prepping for Valentine’s Day! And oysters are a classic aphrodisiac, right? I mean, they are according to the leading experts at Cosmo (and according to Casanova, come to find out. He may be a better expert. Allegedly he would eat 50 oysters a day to keep up his…strength).
This dish is remarkably simple to make. The price varies upon where and when you’re getting how many oysters. And for those who eat first with their eyes, no questions asked this dish will look gorgeous when it’s done. Seriously. You have no excuse for not making this for your special someone.
- Oysters, in the half shell
- Butter, softened
- Salt and pepper
- Sriracha, or similar hot sauce
- Lime juice
- Green onion
- Finely dice the green onion and cilantro. Add with lime juice, sriracha, salt and pepper to the butter. Mix it all together, and leave it in the fridge until you’re ready to cook.
- While your broiler heats up, place a dollop on butter on each oyster, which in turn are in the shells and on a baking tray.
- Broil for at most 4 minutes. Serve immediately.