I feel like a broken record. It’s been a busy month. I applied for a lot of jobs–just a waiting game basically now. My last letter of recommendation finally came in on November 18; now I just have about a half dozen letters of rec to write for others. I go back and forth psyching myself up and psyching myself out. I gave one invited 2-hour talk (a first) making the 250-mile round trip that same day. I went home for the holiday. I hosted a guest who gave two invited talks at my current institution. Oh, and wrote, administered and graded 40-something take home exams in one week. No big deal.
There have been some good things that have happened lately–really good things. But, of course, I don’t want to jinx anything and so…we won’t be discussing that.
- Not a Robot But a Ghost, Andrew Bird
- Shine a Light, Apples in Stereo
- Ain’t No Mountain High, Marvin Gaye
- Oh Freedom!, The Golden Gospel Singers
- Two Hungry Blackbirds, Iron & Wine
- Heartless, Kanye West
- Ultraviolence, Lana Del Rey
- Little Boxes, Malvina Reynolds
- Sleepwalking, Modest Mouse
- Howlin’ at Nothing, Nathaniel Ratelifff & the Night Sweats
- Fat Bottomed Girls, Queen
- Giver, the Suffers
- Madam I Challenge You to a Duel, They Might be Giants