Right, so we’re climbing aboard the veggie train. Here’s a quick and dirty salad (well…not necessarily quick, but it’s stupid simple). There will hopefully be plenty more recipes to come this month–I have left the Big Rock Candy Mountain and am home for a few weeks.
ROASTED VEGGIE AND WALNUT SALAD
- Olive oil
- Goat cheese
- Honey mustard salad dressing
- Slice the beets into bite-sized pieces. Drizzle with olive oil. Place in an aluminum pocket.
- Do the same thing as in step 1 but with carrots.
- Roast the carrots and veggies in a preheated 425*F oven for 20 minutes.
- When the veggies have roasted and you’re ready to serve, toss spinach and goat cheese in honey mustard dressing. Top with walnuts and the roasted carrots/beets.