It’s been a stressful month, and it has crept up on me. A lot of this is bluesy/bluegrass/”hard living” music. Here’s the list of what kept TTENG’s ears going. Click on the song to get a link to the youtube video.
- Darkness, Tab Benoit
- Hit ‘Em Up Style, Carolina Chocolate Drops
- Play With Fire, Cobra Verde
- Old Number Seven, The Devil Makes Three
- An Honest Man, Fantastic Negrito
- You Don’t Own Me, Grace with G-Eazy
- Arsonist’s Lullabye, Hozier
- Bad Things, Jace Everett
- Ain’t Nothing Wrong With That, Robert Randolph & the Family Band
- Gimme Shelter, Rolling Stones
- Virginia Avenue, Tom Waits
Side note: As I’m spending MUCH more time in coffee shops (meeting with students, actually–they seem to like it as much or more than my actual office)…I’m also working on a “songs coffee shops should actually play” list. Mumford and Son and Ray Lamontagne–while nice–really grow old fast.