Missing the good old peach state.
While the game was destined to be a blowout, I was invited by a colleague to come over and watch the UGA game this weekend (and the other SEC games). Being the good Southern-raised creature that I am, I wanted to bring something to the party. While getting my weekly groceries, I saw gorgeous peaches. Seemed highly appropriate if going to watch the Georgia game to make something with peaches. And we all know how I feel about puff pastry. The rest is history.
- I also made a savory version of this, which just consisted of bleu cheese and peaches. It was great, don’t get me wrong, but this one I think would be more of a definite crowd-pleaser.
- The pictures seem out of sync. I loved this dish so much the other day, I decided to make another batch to bring to a weekly work meeting.
PEACH PUFF PASTRY SQUARES
- Puff pastry
- Flour, for dusting
- Pam, or similar substance
- Goat cheese
- Let the puff pastry and the goat cheese come to room temperature.
- Set the oven to 400*F.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut into bite-sized squares.
- Smear goat cheese in the center of each square. Season with black pepper.
- Take thin slices of peach and top the squares.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes (depending upon the sizes of the squares–and this does vary that much depending on size!).
- When ready to serve, drizzle with honey. [Picture will be added when I remember.]