Well, I’ve got my PhD now and there are about 8-10 weeks until I move and start my new job. In the meantime I am LOVING this unemployment thing. Since commencement…12 days ago…I have read three books. I’m doing yoga in a barn in the middle of nowhere a few days a week. I’m going to and having parties. I’m prepping a series of summer lectures I agreed to give (in part, so I could learn the material). I’m living in coffee shops where I’m lesson planning, and working on publishing my thesis, and generally just enjoying being in the company of others.
But, more importantly (at least for the blogging purposes), I’m back in my kitchen! Yay!
This is my idea of “Monday night icebox review”. That’s right–all of these ingredients were already in my house, because…that’s just how I roll. This dish is fast, easy, and tasty as shit. If you want to “elevate” it in any way (like from a flavor profile perspective), I’d try adding arugula for bitterness. But honestly it’s pretty damn good just the way it is.
PORK, BERRY AND BRIE PANINIS
- Pam, or similar substance
- Brie, sliced
- Pork, cooked and sliced (I was using leftover grilled pork chops)
- In a skillet, toast the part of the bread product that will be the “inside” of your sandwich (this may require Pam).
- When toasted, remove and layer as follows: brie and pork,
then blackberries and (optional) more brie.
- Fire up the skillet again. Cook the outsides of the sandwiches, flipping when necessary.