Some flavor combinations are so magical, you wish you knew who first discovered them JUST so you could thank them. Cases in point:
- The reuben (how it’s a traditional St. Patty’s Day fare when it features Russian dressing and sauerkraut is beyond me…but it’s still pretty damn magical).
- Milk and cookies (while I’m not a fan of the cronut, THIS was brilliant).
And, of course, there are spinach and artichokes. I could have them in pasta, as a dip, on a pizza. You name it–I’m there. It’s one of my many culinary kryptonites. Seriously, it’s right behind “poached eggs” and “duck” in the category of “foods I cannot resist”.
This sandwich is quick, and practically fool-proof. And the best part? When you’re done, you have spinach and artichokes. =)
SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE SANDWICH
- Artichoke hearts
- Fresh mozzarella
- Pam, or similar substance
- Layer as follows: spinach (wilt it a little if you have the time)
artichoke hearts (chopped)
- Spray a pan with Pam, or similar substance. Grill the sandwiches, flipping as needed.