In case you haven’t heard, it’s really cold outside. And what’s better on a cold day than a hot sandwich? Answer: not too much. Right up there with PB&J in the category of “classic sandwich” is the ham and cheese. But that’s so vague. What KIND of ham? Lunch-meat style, prosciutto, sopressata, etc.? What KIND of cheese? American, Swiss, cheddar, etc.? Here is TTENG’s current interpretation of “ham and cheese”. This is really easy to make and really filling. Enjoy!
HAM AND CHEESE SANDWICH
- Bread (I used rolls, actually).
- Goat cheese
- Pearl tomatoes, roasted
- Pam, or similar substance
- Spray a skillet with Pam or similar substance. Toast the insides of the bread.
- On the bottom of the sandwich, smear a thin layer of goat cheese. Then add the roasted tomatoes.
- Last, add the prosciutto.
- Return to the skillet and cook the outsides of the bread. Press down with another object (I have something resembling this, but another pot/kettle will work in a pinch). Flip once.
- When the sandwich is toasted and warmed all the way through, eat!