This was course #3 of 7 on the 2013 Feast of Seven Fishes. I made it up (at least, I did not look at any recipes before creating this dish). It is stupid simple and super tasty. And it’s more proof that everything is better with bacon.
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOP
- Raw bacon (one strip per scallop)
- Brown sugar (dark)
- Preheat oven to 450*F.
- Melt the butter (microwave will do), and stir in dark brown sugar.
- Coat the scallops in the brown sugar/butter mix.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around the scallop. Secure with toothpicks.
- Pour additional butter/sugar mixture on top. Cook for 10 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 5 minutes max.