I think I may be addicted to my muffin pan. Officially. I justify my almost-constant use by saying, “You’re a single woman, cooking for one, who hates leftovers. This is portion control.” When that doesn’t work, I say, “You’re just trying to use up leftovers…and with puff pastry around, why not?” I still think I’m going overboard. Oh well. At least it tastes good, right?
- Puff pastry dough, plus flour for dusting.
- Chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- Half an apple (I used Macintosh), chopped
- One large white onion
- Olive oil
- Pam or similar substance
- Gorgonzola, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Slice the onion thinly. Cover lightly with olive oil and caramelize.
- Roll out the pastry dough and cut into strips to place in the muffin tray. You want overlap.
- Layer as follows: caramelized onion, chopped chicken, chopped apple, gorgonzola.
- Fold the pastry dough over the filling. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is oozing and the dough is golden-brown.