The title says it all. Bacon is magical in that it makes just about everything it touches immediately more awesome than it was before. And asparagus is already awesome. The only thing that probably irks you about this recipe is that YOU didn’t think of it first.
BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Goat cheese (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350*F.
- Coat the asparagus lightly in olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Collect 4-6 sprigs at a time (depending upon their width), and wrap in a single slice of uncooked bacon.
- Place the asparagus/bacon bouquets on a foil-lined baking tray, and cook for 15-17 minutes or until the bacon is fully cooked.
- (Optional) To serve, sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese.