Made this a while ago. I was really in the mood then for both a hot sandwich and something vegetarian. Normally I would have made my own tapenade (it’s not that difficult), but I was really hungry and kinda in a rush. This is a relatively quick meal to make, and naturally is perfectly suited for vegetarians.
- One loaf ciabatta, or other “sandwich bread”
- Goat cheese
- Olive tapenade, homemade or store-bought
- Half an eggplant
- One zucchini
- One bell pepper
- Olive oil
- Pam, or similar substance
- Salt and pepper
- Slice the eggplant, zucchini, and bell pepper. Place them on a baking sheet. Toss in olive oil, salt and pepper. Broil them for about 10 minutes, or until they are roasted.
- While the veggies are roasting, slice your bread. Smear a layer of tapenade on one side and goat cheese on the other side.
- When the veggies are done, layer them in-between the tapenade and goat cheese.
- Fire up a skillet and spray it with Pam, or similar substance. Cook the sandwich lightly and evenly–just to make sure the bread and all ingredients are warm.