Remember me saying I had some extra coconut milk? Well, it has been put to good use. I looked at a bunch of smoothies recipes before making this (didn’t see any that called for coconut milk…). One ingredient that popped up quite a bit was “almond butter.” That seemed too expensive to me, so instead I soaked a bunch of almonds overnight in water (so I wouldn’t break the blades on my blender!) and threw them in; however, I hate saying this…it was not a good substitute. While my blender is intact, and while the flavor of the almonds was fantastic, the texture was a little grainy. So, I went back out and bought almond butter. Result: AWESOME. And I now have a new food addiction (almond butter is seriously magical. It will be popping up in more recipes).
INGREDIENTS (makes approx. 12 ounces of smoothie):
- One banana, peeled, sliced, frozen
- Medium handful of strawberries, chopped
- Approx. 1/3-1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Approx. 2 ounces coconut milk
- 1-2 tablespoons almond butter
- Put all ingredients in a blender.
- When consistency is to your liking, serve.