I realize I’ve been “stuffing” a lot of things lately…wonder what a shrink would say about that (actually, I don’t). What can I say? It’s easy, fun, and keeps things juicy (and now I realize I’m not helping my own case).
Back to food. This recipe is fairly quick prep-wise. It’s healthy. It’s pretty cheap. It’s great for people with gluten allergies, or vegetarians. And it’s tasty as hell. I had originally intended just to have one as a side; instead, decided to have two and make it my entree.
- Four globe tomatoes
- Handful of spinach, chopped finely
- 1/4 bell pepper, chopped finely
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 small white onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Approx 3-4 ounces grana padano (or hard parmesan), grated.
- Pam, or similar substance.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Take a muffin pan and spray it with Pam, or similar substance.
- Wash the tomatoes. Cut the tops off, scoop out the insides, and place them in the muffin pan.
- Caramelize your onions.
- While the onions are cooking, mix the spinach, bell pepper, and cheese. Season well with salt and pepper.
- When the onions are done, add them to the stuffing along with the eggs.
- Fill the tomatoes to the brim. Top with extra cheese.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes, or until egg has set, cheese has melted, and tomatoes look yummy.