I almost feel guilty blogging about this because the recipe is so simple. General notes: It’s good for vegetarians, and your basic picky eaters. I suppose if one were in a pinch, one could make this a cold sandwich–but if you have a skillet available, why would you EVER make a cold sandwich?
INGREDIENTS (for three sandwiches):
- Six slices of bread
- Pesto–canned, or home-made
- Two small tomatoes, sliced
- approx. 4 ounces mozzarella
- Pepper, to taste
- approx. 1 tablespoon butter
- Slice the bread if it isn’t already.
- On the interior of one of the two slices of bread, spread a thin layer of pesto.
- On top of the pesto, layer as follows: tomato, black pepper, mozzarella.
- Heat some butter in a skillet. Cook the sandwiches evenly on both sides, flipping once. Serve immediately.