So, my weakness as a child was always poppyseed muffins. Even when I come home, my mother frequently will surprise me with a box from Fresh Market. LOVE POPPYSEED MUFFINS. So, last time I was home, my father took me to a spice store (literally feeding my growing foodie habit), and guess what I bought?
This should last me a while…
So, after reading up on how to make muffins (I realize at the age of 25 I should probably know how to make them…), I settled on a general recipe. What I did not realize/account-for was the AMOUNT of batter. So, below is enough for 12 muffins and a loaf.
- Two tablespoons poppyseeds
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1.5 cups milk
- Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350*.
- Mix the eggs, sugar and oil together.
- Add the flour half a cup at a time (to prevent a huge mess). Then add the other ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into non-stick (or “non-stickied”…just use butter) muffin pan and loaf pan.
- Place in oven. The muffins need 15-20 minutes. The loaf needs about 45-50.