As seen in my previous blog post, I bought a LOT of peaches. Remember that scene from Forrest Gump about shrimp? “There’s shrimp etouffee, shrimp souflee, fried shrimp, boiled shrimp…” I’m beginning to feel this way with peaches.
I did not use all the ingredients I had originally intended to use…at least for the salsa. This recipe also took quite a bit of time–and a LOT of fine chopping skills. You really got to have a sharp knife.
GRILLED PORK CHOPS (cannot believe I’m typing this)
- Pork chops, doesn’t matter if they are bone-in or not
- Kosher salt
- Peaches (3 used), chopped small but coarse
- Jalapenos (2 used), chopped finely
- Red bell pepper (1/2 of a large one), chopped finely
- Corn (2 ears)
- Lemon juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Peach salsa (see above)
- Pepperjack cheese, shredded.
- Whole wheat tortilla shells
- Pam, or similar substance
- Heat a skillet. Spray it with Pam.
- Place a tortilla on the skillet. Layer the salsa and the cheese along one side of the tortilla.
- When things start to get hot, “close” the tortilla. Flip to cook on both sides. Serve immediately.