The girl is back in the south, and more importantly, is back in her kitchen! WOOHOO! This week is going to feature a particularly southern-inspired ingredient:
I’d experimented a few times before with peaches on a pizza, but this was the first time it actually worked out. I believe the real trick is in knife skills. You gotta be small and consistent–as will be seen shortly.
To add a new twist to this blog, I decided to include a price breakdown. The ingredients for this pizza (pre-tax) came to $8.31. And how many meals do I get out of this? Option #1: two dinners. Option #2: one dinner, two lunches. How long did it take? Did all sous-ing and assembling while the oven pre-heated, and then it was an additional 15-20 minutes in baking. Not too shabby. Suck it, Rachael Ray.
PEACHES ON A PIZZA
- One pizza dough, with flour for dusting and Pam (or similar substance)
- One peach, thinly sliced
- Chicken sausage (used 2 links)
- Gorgonzola (about half a pound)
- Spinach (most of a bag)
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- While oven is pre-heating, do your chopping. Both the sausage and the peach should be sliced thinly. The pieces of both should be approximately the same in thick-ness:
- Layer as follows: spinach, sausage, peaches, cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately.