As is probably evident from the re-organization of this blog, I have been on a sandwich kick lately. I remember as a kid always having brie with granny smith apples for hors d’oeuvres when company came to town; when I was older I discovered that honey and brie paired very nicely together. So, why not combine them all: brie, honey, AND apples?! Better yet, why not make sure the brie is slightly melted and gooey by making it a HOT SANDWICH?! The only way this could have been better would be to include bacon (which, believe me, I’m going to try next!). This is fast, stupid-simple, and unbelievably tasty.
APPLE, BRIE, AND HONEY SANDWICHES
- One Granny-Smith apple, sliced thin
- One wedge of brie, with rind, sliced thin
- Two pieces of bread per sandwich
- Pam, or similar spraying substance.
- Take your bread and drizzle honey on the “sandwich-in” sides.
- Layer as follows: cheese, apple.
- Heat a skillet. Spray it with Pam, or similar substance. Grill the sandwiches on both sides.