So…I see I have your attention… =)
For a while I’ve been meaning to experiment with nuts on pizza. Particularly walnuts. I feel like walnuts are hearty, you don’t really HAVE to chop them, and they have a natural sweetness to them so potentially they could work in savory as well as sweet dishes. But the question I’ve had for a while is “What pairs with walnuts on a pizza?” My decision to use squash was honestly a little…well, dishonest; I didn’t want to try this pizza alone, and my boyfriend loves squash so I figured “squash on a pizza” would be enough to tempt him into joining me.
Random but helpful note: this pizza reheats better than just about any other pizza I’ve made. I won’t wonder why. I will just accept this as fact.
SQUASH, GOAT CHEESE, AND WALNUT PIZZA
- One pizza dough (I used plain)
- Flour for dustin
- PAM, or similar cooking spray (unless you use nonstick)
- Zucchini, thinly sliced
- Summer squash, thinly sliced
- Goat cheese (I used at least 8 ounces)
- Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Roll out your pizza dough and plop it on the pizza pan.
- Layer as follows: squash, cheese, walnuts.
- Place in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until you’re too hungry to wait any longer.