I swear, going two weeks without any carbs may just kill me. I think it’s one of those instances where I want foods simply because I know I can’t have them. For example: muffins. Now, certainly I have made muffins in the past, but muffins really always been a special-occasion/fall food for me. Now, however, I crave them. Constantly.
Still…muffins with no flour, sugar, chocolate, blueberries, pumpkin, poppyseeds, or any of those other goodies?! What’s left, you might ask? Eggs. And veggies. And cheese. And meat. But, mostly eggs.
Why do I recommend this “diet”-inspired recipe? Well, it is wonderful in general for the following reasons:
- It’s dirt cheap to make.
- It’s stupid simple to make.
- It doesn’t take long AT ALL.
- It’s great if you have a lot of people to feed (like in a brunch-type scenario, for example)
- It’s great if you know people with gluten-allergies.
- It’s easy to substitute more veggies, or no meat (to make it vegetarian), or no cheese (for those lactose-intolerant), etc.
INGREDIENTS: (for 12 muffins)
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 tomato, finely chopped
- Some spinach, finely chopped
- Approx. 1-2 ounces of London broil, RAW, diced.
- Approx. 4 ounces mozzarella, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pam, or similar spraying substance
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Finely dice all of the veggies and meats you’re going to use. Put them in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Take a separate bowl and whip your 10 eggs. Season them too.
- Take a muffin pan and spray it with your Pam(-like substance). Layer as follows:
(1) Veggies and meats
(3) Shredded mozzarella.
Don’t fill the muffin pan too much–about 2/3-3/4 of the way up.
- Place in oven for 20-30 minutes, or until done.