I know “salad” is probably not the first thing that springs to mind when you hear “Friday night dinner”; however, that was the first thing that came to mine. Maybe that says too much about my current state of affairs, and you may want to make this on a boring-ol’ Wednesday night, but trust me: it’s good.
The Salad With the Most-est
Enough for 2 entree-sized salads
- Spring mix–used a whole bag for two salads
- Bacon–two strips, one per salad.
- Dried cranberries
- Almonds, coarsely chopped
- Pear, sliced (used less than one who pear for two salads)
- Goat cheese (less than an ounce per salad)
- Lite honey mustard salad dressing (it’s not hard to make, but I love Newman’s)
- 2 eggs, poached
- Cook the bacon until it’s as crispy as you like.
- Cut the bacon into bite-sized pieces. Mix with the salad greens, almonds, cranberries and pear.
- Lightly drizzle dressing onto salad. Sprinkle with goat cheese and top with poached egg.