The recipe is literal. It is healthy, quick, juicy and delicious.
- Chicken breasts (I used a small package of boneless, skinless ones)
- Tomato, sliced
- Pesto (either store-bought sauce, or home-made)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Take the chicken breasts and season them with salt and pepper
- Put the chicken breasts into a greased baking dish
- Pour enough pesto on the chicken breasts to coat them lightly.
- Slice the tomato and place the slices on the top of the chicken breasts
- Bake until done
Here are some pictures–the first when they’re just out of the oven, and the second on the dinner plate with a side of garlic bread.